* drop the ball# to make a blunder; to make a stupid or careless mistake
* go ballistic /b3’listik/ to become very angry
* ballistic missile n a missile that is fired into the air at a particular speed and angle in order to fall in the right place
* If you do, it’ll be like pumping air into a balloon until it explodes.(=don’t keep doing sth)
* baloney /b3’louni/ [U] AmE nonsense; lies Don’t give me that ～
* bamboozle /baem’bu:zl/ v to confuse sb, esp by tricking them
* He goes bananas. = He goes crazy.
* banishment /’baeniSm3nt/ [U]the punishment of being sent away from a place, esp from a country
* bank on sb/sth #to rely on sb/sth eg I am banking on your help.
* banter /’baent3r/ n/v friendly remarks and jokes
* bantering adj (of a way of talking) amusing and friendly eg There was a friendly, ～ tone in his voice.
* bare minimum#just enough; the most basic or simple eg He did the bare minimum of work but still passed the exam.
* bargain basement n a part of a large shop/store, usu. in the floor below street level, where goods are sold at reduced prices e.g. bargain-basement prices
* barrage /’baera:3//b3’ra:3/ n/v 1 the continuous firing of a large number of guns in a particular direction, esp to protect soldiers while they are attacking or moving towards the enemy 2 a large number of sth, such as questions or comments, that are directed at sb very quickly, one after the other, often in an aggressive way eg a ～ of questions/criticisms/ complaints